Royal Canadian Regiment Museum Renovation, ASU London, Ontario
The Royal Canadian Regiment Museum is situated in the west wing of Wolseley Hall in London, Ontario. Wolseley Hall was constructed in the late 19th Century and is the first building erected by the Canadian Government to house a unit of the Permanent Force, the predecessor to the Canadian Armed Forces. In the original 1886 drawings, space was allocated for a regimental museum, which remains to this day. The current renovation to Wolseley hall provides a new prominence for the museum by creating a new centralized entrance and lobby area under the existing carriageway and tower, additional museum exhibition space, a museum gift shop, and new areas for temporary exhibitions and public events. The renovation project was undertaken in Joint Venture with Barry Padolsky Associates Inc., Architects.